Matariki Reflection

Today was our school’s Matariki celebration. I got put into the PE sports team with Mr Moran and two of my friends. In Our PE group we got split up into 3 teams and all three of us got separated.

First we did the roll and then Mr Moran explained the rules for the people who didn’t know how to play. The first game in the morning block we played Kio Rahi. Kio rahi was a really cool game and it was also really challenging at the same time. We didn’t really have much time because we spent to much time in the class explaining stuff.

After the time ended we all sat down and did a vote for if you want to play volleyball or continue kio rahi after morning tea. Then it was time for morning tea, but me, Annemarie, and JJ stayed back to help the house captains pack up the ki-o-rahi gear.

Then after morning tea we had volleyball because most of our group voted for volleyball. We played a lot of rounds because everyone was having fun. Overall I had a lot of fun especially with my friends and hope we get to do this again next year.